• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Planning out new build - Mztr44

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mztr44

Howdy, I lurked around here 4 years ago when I put together my current build which was my first time watercooling. I learned a lot, and looking for a little guidance or suggestions towards putting together a new build. Here are the parts i'm looking at right now, the only thing i've pulled the trigger on so far is the GPU.

Case: Enthoo Primo
CPU/Mobo: i7-5820K on Asus X99 - Deluxe II
GPU: Titan X Pascal
Mem: G.SKILL TridentZ 16GB (4 x 4GB) SDRAM DDR4 3200 (PC4 25600)
SSDs: SAMSUNG 840 Pro Series 2.5" 256GB SATA III MLC Internal
SAMSUNG 840 EVO 2.5" 1TB SATA III MLC Internal
PSU: Suggestions welcome, i'm thinking probably 850w. I plan on overclocking the cpu @ around 4200 and running it 24/7.

For cooling i'm thinking 2x360, one at top and one at the bottom, both in pull.

What are you using the system for to necessitate a Titan X Pascal?

It's absolutely unnecessary. :screwy: I made an investment into AMD stock a year ago which has been very kind to me with a >300% return which will be shifting from short term to long term capital gains very soon and i'm buying some new toys with some of it. And yes...I realize the irony of the cpu & gpu choice. ;P

Just because you picked up that money, doesn't mean you should blow it on the Pascal X.

If you are going 4K, either wait for hte 1080ti, or get 1080 and see if you need another.

BUt listing your uses would be helpful. :)

What E_D says: grab a 1080 EVGA, and step up to the 1080ti when out (certainly within a 3 month window).

Back