• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Please Help ! GTX 1070 G1 Gaming Black screen

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GTX280

Registered
Hey guys, I flashed the bios of my gpu a while ago and everything was working fine, but after playing for a couple hours I shut it down and took a break and after 2 hrs when i wanted to open my pc, all was blank. I did the blind flash procedure backwards and it still wont work. What can it be? The entire system is brand new built by me.
Gigabyte z170x gaming 3 board btw.
Help me out :(
Thanks

Can you list your full system specs.

Also, what bios did you flash to the card. Was it an update from the manufacturer or a custom bios. I'm not familiar with the "blind flash" procedure you are talking about do would appreciate a link to it.

Can you list your full system specs.

Also, what bios did you flash to the card. Was it an update from the manufacturer or a custom bios. I'm not familiar with the "blind flash" procedure you are talking about do would appreciate a link to it.

Full specs here:

CPU: i7 6700K
MOBO: Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 3
RAM: Kingston Savage DDR4@3100 Mhz OC
PSU:High Power Element Smart 750W
HDD: WD Red IntelliPower 1TB
SSD: A-DATA 256GB SSD
GPU:Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 1070

The blind flash procedure is just trying to flash back your card without seeing anything on the screen so thats what i did =)
But I took the GPU out got into bios, switched the main GPU to integrated, inserted my graphics card back and now I can try to fix it while its in the system using integrated graphics.
I'm still trying to reinstall drivers and stuff.. but idk if this will work.
Here is the BIOS list that i flashed progressively to F11
http://uk.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=5916#bios

I'm assuming you originally had a F10 bios and not an F1 bios then. The F11 bios is still in beta so it may have issues. If you have not already try flashing back to the original bios and see what that gets you. Did you save a copy of the original bios before flashing the new one.

Also its being seen as the Xtreme Gaming Edition now in the software and before the image was for the G1 Gaming Edition.
Bios Version: Unknown in the Xtreme Gaming software and before it was F1 so yea.. BIOS is the problem :( Untitled.png

- - - Updated - - -

It was F1 im 100% sure, thats how it was displayed in the Xtreme Gaming Software from Gigabyte.
Nope I didnt save the stock BIOS. Is there a way to like erase the BIOS totally so then I could flash the F1 Bios again?

You can get a bios directly from gigabyte you just need to know if you started with f1 or f10. Where did you download the bios you flashed from and did you accidentally download the one for the extreme edition by mistake.

For future reference, if the card started with an f1 bios it can only be updated to a f2-f9 bios. If it started with a f10 bios it can only be updated to the f11-f19 bios

Yup I know, Ive read that but still its kinda weird because it worked for a couple of hours even after i restarted the system once the flash procedure was done.
I cant flash it via nvflash it says that No Nvidia display adapters found :/

Yes it does. I managed to flash the bios and I'm still getting a black screen. in CPU-Z the bios version is being displayed but in the Xtreme Gaming software is still unknown.

Gigabyte has a program you can try called vga@bios to flash the bios. What version did you try flashing. F1 or F10? It may be worth trying to flash the other version if you are not sure what was there originally.

I flashed the BIOS version from techpowerup.I'll get the VGA@Bios utility right now.

Try downloading directly from gigabyte and verify which version you are using either F1 or F10.

SSHOT.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Fixed the Code 43 error by restarting.

Attachments

• shot22.jpg
    shot22.jpg
    215.5 KB · Views: 1,884
I should have asked this earlier but it slipped my mind did you try using a different cable or jack on the card to make sure that was not a problem. Also have you tried uninstalling and re-installing the drivers?

Before we go further with trying to flash this or that bios let me start at the beginning again.

The original bios you tried flashing where did you get it, can you provide a link to the exact bios you tried to flash.

When you tried to "Blind flash"(I am still not sure how this is accomplished) back to the original bios where did you get this bios from as you did not have an original backup.

When you flashed it through NVflash what bios did you use (I know you said the one from Techpowerup) but what exact version do you mean.

As for the vga@bios not working it may not support the newer cards yet so you may be stuck using nvflash.

Im using a VGA to HDMI adapter, i dont have any other display thats using something else.
I tried re-installing the drivers that didnt work.
I got the original BIOS files were all from the Gigabyte Official website
http://uk.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=5916#bios
The blind flash procedure was exactly like the one up above but i did it reversed from F11 to F1.
When i used nVflash i used this Bios from techpwrup
https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/183997/gigabyte-gtx1070-8192-160608-1
I forgot to mention that all these bios files from gigabyte come with nVflash included. I was just double clicking the executable and then the message popped with update succesful.

Ok, thank you for the clarification. Are you 100% sure that you started with version F1 and not F10

Other than that I am about at the point where I am out of ideas. Hopefully someone else on the forum might be able to offer you some suggestions. I would reach out to gigabyte int he meantime to see what they can do to help.

Back