• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Please Help! Horrible Artifacts!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

slyfury

these are the pics... i just started playing and there it was...im broken harted...does anyone know what i can do? please please help! :confused: :cry:

Attachments

• sample 4.jpg
    sample 4.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 52

xTrEmEoVrClOcKr

I think your bright enough to not overclock to the point of graphical errors and such. How long has this been doing this, how long have you had the card, how long have you had the mobo?

OP
slyfury

slyfury

im at stock speeds, i got the mobo 1 month ago, and the caRD 2 months ago all is stock...

OP
slyfury

slyfury

im thinkin i pushed it too far and now its damaged...am i correct in this assumption>?

i put everything back at stock because i was re adjustiing a fan that i took out of the case

OP
slyfury

slyfury

it does the same thing in ut2k4... it only shows in games
im using the latest cats.

OP
slyfury

slyfury

i checked all the cables on the whole system..all is snug but still artifacts...thanks on the case comment...ive done a little changes on it to increase air flow but nothing major,i replaced the jetmaster with a aeroflow 2 and took the jet master fan off the metal base and attached it to the inside of the case so now it's my blower,i should have pictures posted by tomorrow.

rsjrv99

Registered
Underclock the card and see what happens. If they stay then it might be dying. But if before you OC'ed your card and didn't get artifacts then it shouldn't be dying.

OP
slyfury

slyfury

my whole system is set at stock at the moment...grafix card at dfalt 305/202

i still get them...i think i should declare this card dead and move on to next gen...

xTrEmEoVrClOcKr

It sounds like either, your mobo AGP slot is damaged, video card is damaged, or you drivers are really messed up. I would suggest reinstalling older catalyst (4.4). If that dosn't work. I would check if the mobo, or video card is defective. I had this same problem except different graphical errors. Maybe your mobo agp slot is fried. Anyways, try that and if that dosn't work, I wish you the best of luck.