• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Please Help Me Decide!!!!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JP_Singer

hello I amd about to purchase a P4B533-B and P4 2.53GHZ Retail and was wondering since I am not sure what stepping I will be getting would I just be better off if I purchased a 2.4? would also like to know if the fan and heatsink that comes with the p4 2.53 is good enough to reach 3.0GHZ

micamica1217

the 2.53 seems to be the better choice right now.

maybe you can get by with the retail HSF......does your room temps ever got hot???

mica

OP
J

JP_Singer

My room temps are always chilli because my computer room is in a unfineshed basement.
thanks

yer_huckleberry

Some time ago I would not have hesitated to recommend the C1 2.4 but as more time passes and fellow OC'rs continue to post there findings with their C1's I am not so sure C1 stepping has an OCing advantage over her B0 sister. So between the two cpu's you mentioned I would say go with the 2.53. This motivated me to add though, if you are trying to reach the 3gig barrier with the least amount of money you may have better luck with the 2.26. It seems to be the better OC'r than the 2.53, (I use the 2.26 myself and am currenly only bottlenecked by my memory...2.26 @ 2805, 165 fsb) and the 2.53 is a much more, 'hit and miss' chip when it comes to higher OC's. If your looking for a, 'guarantee 3 gig', (I hate that word -guarantee- when it comes to OCing) and have a little more money to spend I would say go with the 2.66 or 2.8. But we all don't -always- have $400-$500 sitting around, do we?:rolleyes:

-out.