• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

please help the n00b :)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kamasabi

hi ya'll,

I'm new to the whole water cooling thing, and not exactly sure where to start. I would like to find a method that is good for cooling, but without the expense of taking a chainsaw to my case and tearing it to pieces. I'm more or less looking for the flashy/pretty/efficient liquid cooling system, preferably keeping all parts inside of the case. Is it possible, and if so or even if it isn't, what combination of parts would ya'll suggest? My case is a thermaltake v5000a. I've look at the basics guide on here and I'm still not sure what I should use.

link : http://www.thermaltake.com/XaserCase/Damier/v5000a.htm

Kama

Last edited:
:welcome: to the forums!!!!

Check out the water cooling sub-forum of this one.
Link to sub-forum: HERE

Check out the stickies posted there if you haven't already. Lots of good information in them.

The case looks be be quite elaborte and the simplest non-hacking case water cooling would be external.

Also what are your system specs, and what are you planning on cooling. That will change what your cooling system requirements are.

Wrong section, but yeah.

Depends on how extreme you need your watercooling to be, is it just to solve the noise or for OCing? Post specs in your sig and post some reasons and budget and we can help from there.

It says in his profile:
Athlon 64 3500+ Newcastle
ASUS A8N-SLI Premium Mobo
2 1GB Corsair XMS Memory <TWINX2048-3200PRO>
XFX 7800GTX 256mb
160gb Western Digital
Zalman 120mm heatsink
Aspire 500w PSU
Thermaltake v5000a Case

yeah....I realized there was a subforum for water cooling right after I posted -_-. But yeah my current system specs are what xtremeoverclocker found in my profile. as for the cooling part, I mainly want it so I can overclock more, gonna be getting an x2 4200 manchester or an operton 170 denmark hopefully for christmas, and I wanna be able to oc it as much as I can. That and I'm sick of the howling roar of my computer when I'm trying to sleep at night.

Back