• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Please help with ethernet card installation

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tacos

I went out to wal-mart and got a Linksys 10/100 ethernet card and installed it just fine. My problem is getting the drivers to install. When it asks for me to install the disk and click next (it came with a floppy disk) It will not recognize the drivers. It saying no driver can be found. Instructions say to load drivers A:\\Win98 but, I'm having no luck. Is there anywhere on the net to find these drivers I need?

In trouble shooting it says the motherboard or operating system might not be plug and play compatible, your pc's plug and play settings may not be enabled, or the motherboard may have plug and play options in the bios not enabled in by windows95/98.

My question is how do I get into bios I have forgot but I think its one of the F keys when you first turn on your computer. And where do I find out it my plug and play is enabled? Thanks for your time and hope to here some good feedback.

:(

I'd guess that the drivers are on the diskette. Explore the disk and look for the directory that holds the drivers for the os that you are running. Then when it askes for the drivers on boot up choose browse and point to the correct folder.

If this doesn't work you can down load new drivers from the web. But chances are they are on the disk and need a little help finding them.

Plug and play is working on your computer or you wouldn't get to the point where it askes for the drivers. so you don't need to go to the bios.

Thanks for the feedback. However, after checking the floppy disk further I guess I just got a bad copy of the disk. All my other floppies work fine. When I insert this disk and check to see whether or not it works I get an drive is not accessible error message. I went to Linksys to look for the correct drivers but, I can't find exactly what I need. I just really don't see my card on their site. Can anyone help me find the correct drivers?

Here is what I have Linksys Fast Ethernet 10/100 Home & Small office Network Card with Network Cable (100% compatible with cable/dsl internet service) model NC100U version 2

I bought this card from walmart last nite. It says the card is compatible with windows 95,98,NT 4.0,2000 and millennnium.
I have windows98SE I wonder if that could be the problem? Please someone help me find the correct drivers. Thanks:(

can someone put a link to these drivers....i'm having the same problem.....thanks.

Have you tried the nc100 drivers from their website?
Walmart likes to get their own model numbers to make it hard for customers to price match against them.
I just went to linksys.com and selected support/downloads and found it in their dropdown menu.

Back