• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

please help!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

awol

Registered
i just got a fop38 in the mail today... and that's what i was supposed to get, a fop38. but on the box it was marked a fop32! so i went on the net to find out, but from what i found, the both have the same specs... just different fans...

did i miss something or what? how can i tell i actually got my fop38 and not a fop32? i don't want to get jipped!!!

thanks for youe replies...

cel950 (Feb 28, 2001 11:57 p.m.):
i just got a fop38 in the mail today... and that's what i was supposed to get, a fop38. but on the box it was marked a fop32! so i went on the net to find out, but from what i found, the both have the same specs... just different fans...

did i miss something or what? how can i tell i actually got my fop38 and not a fop32? i don't want to get jipped!!!

thanks for youe replies...
Here is a picture of the
fop38

Power it up.. does it sound like a hair dryer? Then you got the 38.
AKDUDE

AKDUDE (Mar 01, 2001 01:05 a.m.):
Power it up.. does it sound like a hair dryer? Then you got the 38.
AKDUDE

yes, it sounds like a hair dryer all right!
so the only difference is the fan and nothing else? not the size and all?

yup.....the heatsinks are identical, its just the 6800 rpm delta fan that makes it a fop38.

i use one on mine....they really should supply some earplugs with it :)

cool... i got the fop38 then... i don't feel jipped anymore...

thanks for everyone's help!!

I wouldn't just go off the sound, when In first heard the ys-tech fan on the 32 I thought that was loud like a quiet hair dryer but after using a delta for a bit, the ys-tech sounded almost silent, what rpm does the bios report it as?

Back