• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PLEASE HELP

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

lillazy23

hey guys i need serious help, heres my rig hope someone could help me with my problem

AMD 1.2 (not oced) CPU heat idles at (48-49) and (52-53) under load
A7V133 (Bios 1004)
Asus geforce2 V7700 GTS (latest detenator drivers from nvidia)
SB live X-Gamer (latest drivers from creative)
Kingston NIC card (latest drivers)
Via4in1 driver 4.29v
promise ata100 driver updated
300watt AMD approved PSU

Ok problem is I keep freezing when im playing counterstrike. Sometimes it takes 30 min or an hour but i eventually will freeze. I have tried every setup but cant fix it. First I thought it was a IRQ conflict i looked into that and found out that sb live was sharing IRQ with NIC card, so i moved SB live to PCI slot 3 and assigned it to IRQ 5 by itself. And the NIC card is on slot 4 sharing IRQ with USB controllers. If I change the IRQ for the NIC card the USB controllers move with it. So I disabled COM 3 and assigned NIC card to IRQ 3 sharing with USB controllers.

heres setup

00 sytem timer
01 standard 101 microsoft natural keyboard
02 programmable interrupt controller
03 Kingston EtheRX PCI 10/100 Fast Ethernet Adapter
03 VIA tech 3038 PCI to USB Universal Host Controller
03 VIA tech 3038 PCI to USB Universal Host Controller
03 ACPI IRQ Holder for PCI IRQ Steering
04 Communications Port (COM 1)
05 Creative SB Live! series
05 ACPI IRQ Holder for PCI IRQ Steering
06 Standard Floppy Disk Controller
07 ECP Printer Port (LPT1)
08 System CMOS/real time clock
09 SCI IRQ used by ACPI bus
10 Win 95-98 Promise Ultra100 IDE Controller
10 ACPI IRQ Holder for PCI IRQ steering
11 NVIDIA Geforce 2 GTS/ Geforce2 Pro
11 ACPI IRQ HOlder for PCI IRQ Steering
13 Numeric data processor
14 Via Bus MAster PCI IDE controller
14 Primary IDE controller (dual fifo)
15 Via bus master pci ide controller
15 secondary ide controller (dual fifo)

I have also learned that slots 4/5 automatically use IRQ for USB controllers, slot 1 uses video card, and slot 2 uses promise ata100. So that leaves me only slot 3 to use, I dont know if its the NIC card and the USB controllers causing the problem or Sound card. I forgot to mention i have a USB microsoft optical mouse which might cause problems with the NIC card. Its either Sound card with USB controllers or NIC card with USB controllers. And i have tried both setups and both dont work. I cant use slot 2 because of the ata100 and slot1 is used by the video card. I have tried looking for a way to change the USB controllers to a different IRQ but cant find it. Anybody know if this is possible on the A7V133 mobos??? Also I have done some tests to see if it was a heat problem runining seti@home and comp was doing fine. And did a test on 3dmark and passed all tests. Dont know what else to do, I hope someobody out there can find the problem.

THANK YOU FOR ANY HELP

touch your gpu heatsink when it crashes and see if it burns your hand... try disabling sidebanding too.... my friend has a similar problem and a GORB on his card fixed it... overkill yes.. but it works.

There is a slight possibility that your ram is causing this, but the most likely culprit is sound. The SB Live! drivers are playing hell with all of the KT133 chipset boards. I visit maybe 10 to 20 forums a day, and every forum, that has a thread for something like this you will find somebody yelling HELP!!!, and the answer ususally is the SB Live! card/drivers.

I would suggest if you can, either run your machine without sound for a test (I know, hard to play a game with out sound) or, install an older sound card for a test.

If Creative Labs can't fix this problem soon, the guys are going to go to other sound systems...and there are other cards that work just as good as the SB Live!, and do not conflict with the KT133 boards.

Read this thread:

Back