• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Please recommend : 140mm fan with 120mm mounts

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

knoober

I'd like some LED action on it as well, otherwise I can stick with my current 120mm fans.

The full story? I am overhauling the cooling on my signature rig to quiet the beastie down and improve my Temps. I've got a couple of prolimatech 140mm vortex slim slim fan (they have 120mm mounts but no LED) for the roof of the case, and they would also work for in front of the drive cage - but I want to keep the LED. I just can't seem to find a 140mm fan with LED and 120mm mounts ( front of the case only has 120mm mounts) thanks in advance

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835345042

Just so you know, these have 120mm holes also. Specs don't tell you that directly. Check pic.

I read a post on another forum that said these guys mounted 120mm but (as you said) I didnt see it in the spec. I dont see it in the pics, but thats fairly common for me no to see the obvious :)

What case?

Corsair Graphite 230T -- I am not sure if it is listed in the specs as running 140mm in the front, but this was a special case that I got for .01 + shipping on ebay because it was crushed by a forklift or something. I beat it back into place with a hammer and 2 x 4 .... i.e. 120mm fan mounts are all that will fit, not matter if the spec sheet lists it or not :rofl:

The case is 120mm only in the front, you won't fit two 140mm fans up there.

The case is 120mm only in the front, you won't fit two 140mm fans up there.

Way to dash my dreams! :)

Ive got two of these to test with before I buy anything else. I had thought they would both fit but I was eyeballing it (just held the naked fan up to the case and saw that there was room for one).

I think the circular frame might let 2x vortex fit in there, but I can see there would be trouble with a 2x140mm with the full frame. I might get away with 1x140mm and 1x120mm. Saves me a few buck anyway, all those nice 140mm with the smaller mounting are kinda pricey

Fans are sized based off the outside edge, like this:
315z7ef.jpg

When you have 2x fans somewhere, they are (in most cases, yours is) spaced like this:
gbt3Daurora570_led1.jpg

Back