• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PLEXTOR DRIVES and 90min CDR's?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

h0mersimps0n

Anyone with a plextor 16/10/40a have any luck with 90 min CDR's?

I bought a box of ten "SKY" brand 90min CDR's and nero refuses to overburn my 740MB divx... uh I mean word file, and keeps spitting the disk out saying not enough space...

Any ideas? any help would be greatly appreciated

how many mb are the cds? There might be less than 90min of divx but if the mb exceeds the cds capacity it will not burn the entire movie

All plextors can write up to 89 Minutes, other cd-writers like the Lite-ons can overburn these discs to 99 minutes.

If you are burning it as a VCD the amount you can put on it depends on the length of the movie not the size of the file

1.) The CD's are 790MB, 90min "SKY" brand 16x

2.) The firmware is updated.

3.) I was aware of the 89 minute limit however what does this equate to in MB

4.) I'm not trying to burn a VCD (should I?) its just a single divx file of size: 726,020KB in size (WELL under the 790MB limit)

5.) Is overburning only for audio CD's? Can you overburn data CD's?

Thanks for your reponses, keep em coming guys!!

I assume you have enabled the Overburning feature in Nero before trying to burn the CD?

I got it working...

don't know what it was, it never worked before.

What I did:

1.) Made sure I checked DISKATONCE
2.) set overburning in nero to 88 minutes (just to be safe less than 89 min max)
3.) checked the option at the bottom of the ADVANCED tab in nero about allowing all options to be seen even if drive doesn't support it...

Back