• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PNY 6200 troubles

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GunnerMan

Well a friend is having pproblems he got his new 6200 AGP 128. His system specs are : AMD AthlonXP 3200+, 512 Mb ram, some Asus motherboard and a 250W PSU. Brand is HP. Anyways he installed it and said it worked fine for about 3 hours then games started getting wierd colors, loosing video, pink boarders Etc etc but when he takes a screenshot the shot comes out like it should. Hes using the latest drivers from Nvidia. His monitor is fine because he switched back to his other card to test. It passed Prime95 for 25 mins and some games run fine. My only guess is his PSU is getting extremely stressed. Any ideas? Thanks :-/

It could be PSU, but i had a similar problem and it didn't go till i re-installed.

I recently ran my 9600xt on a compaq 160w PSU. Even OC'd it to 620/350 without a problem. I don't see it as being a PSU problem if the old video card works fine. Has he tried the video card in another computer??

Back