• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PNY/Samsung 2700

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

shill82

PNY/Samsung 2700 Update: Dimm Slots

I bought a stick of PNY memory today at Circuit City since they are having a sale on it and also because some of their PC2100 has Samsung CB3 chips on it also known as PC2700. I've been told that the PCB is actually genuine Samsung as well. Here is what sandra gives me.

Memory Modules
Memory Module 2 (PNY) : Samsung M3 68L3223DTL-CB3 4F04FF97 256MB 8x(32Mx8) DDR-SDRAM PC2700U-2533-700 (CL2.5 upto 167MHz) (CL2 upto 133MHz)

Memory Module 3 (Original Samsung from newegg): Samsung M3 68L3223DTL-CB3 21649B02 256MB 8x(32Mx8) DDR-SDRAM PC2700U-2533-700 (CL2.5 upto 167MHz) (CL2 upto 133MHz)

I put the (PNY) and The (original Samsung) there. I'm sure you already knew that but just in case someone couldn't figure that out.

The only difference that I noticed was what I bolded well at least I hope I bolded. What do those numbers stand for? Is their any difference at all? The only reason I'm asking is because I had to up the voltage from 2.6 to 2.7 and take off .5ns DCLK1 and DLK0 and put it to Auto and also change Write Recovery Time from 2 to 3. I guess that isn’t that big of loss but if they are the exact same thing I don’t know why I had to lower my settings.

Shawn

Last edited:
Probably not the answer you are looking for, but...

All hardware is different, nothing is exactly the same...

That code you have bolded appears to be just a standard batch number (from what information I can find!), so it could be like a stepping for AMD cpus, which does affect the cpus as to how far you can oc it.

The timings you have changed have just relaxed the ram a little, which seems normal for different sticks, dont sweat too much, its just standard slight differences in the manufacturing process.

I figured as much I also have heard that the more sticks you put in the less stable it becomes.

If anyone does know what those numbers mean for sure let me know.

Shawn

I moved my stick from Dimm Slot 2 on my board to Dimm Slot 1 making it so that I have them in Dimm slots 1&3 this allowed me to go back to 2.6v and fastest settings any ideas on this?
WooHoo

Thanks
Shawn

I don't know for sure but burning it in may help increase your OC. Its worth a try any way you look at it. Set it to the relaxed timings and run prime for 12 - 24 hrs then give it a shot.

Back