• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Pocket PC or Palm?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Duddy

Registered
OK, my business class teacher want's to buy a bunch of handhelds for my class. Penguin4x4 said to go with Palm. I said to go with Pocket PC:D She is looking to spend around $200 per device. What do you think we should go with?:confused:

Penguin4x4

Are you my Daddy?
Boooooyyy, *searches for fishin pole* I is goin to wip you!:D:D:D:D Good thing we have a government contract with Dell too. :D

cursor

Yeah. That's a pretty good price on those things. I'm hoping to get one cheap the day after thanksgiving (last year Best Buy had an older Jornada for $125--got one, it was nice).

The other alternative would be the Toshiba 206mhz arm. I think it's the e340, but I'm not sure. The newer one is nice, but I think it's outside your price range. There are a few advantages with the iPaqs--they are supposed to have the best screen and they have the widest variety of accessories available.

However the Dell looks like the deal killer. Maybe everybody else will follow suit and drop prices to compete?

Disputant

Thinking it is about time for my Palm 515 to make its debut on e-bay. Going to have to upgrade for those prices for sure.

FunkDaMonkMan

I have a feeling that in 3 yrs, when I go to college, those pocket pc's will be nearly as powerful as my current computer. 400mhz on those lil babies ... wow! :eek: