• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

POLL: AMD vs. INTEL and who have switched

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AMD vs. INTEL and who have switched

• 1. Always Intel

Votes: 234 14.4%
  • 2. Always AMD

Votes: 439 27.1%
  • 3. AMD to Intel

Votes: 123 7.6%
  • 4. Intel to AMD

Votes: 445 27.5%
  • 5. Some of both

Votes: 278 17.2%
  • 6. Do not care

Votes: 89 5.5%
  • 7. Other

Votes: 12 0.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

stereosteve99

Poll: AMD vs. INTEL and who have switched

I'm want to know how many of you have remained loyal in these hard times for AMD fans.

1. Always Intel
2. Always AMD
3. AMD to Intel
4. Intel to AMD

I've neve done a poll before, am I supposed to set it up or a moderator, I don't see any forms?

Last edited:

ferria

always using AMD and INTEL have two comps so like to see both in action ,but my next intel upgrade will be possibly only in 2004 when they switch to the new socket design again

Maxvla

switched from AMD to Intel from my 1ghz thunderbird to 1.6a northwood and now a 2.4b northwood. never regret it in the slightest.

JoT

You can't fire me, I have
Used to use Intel, then I found the light. :D

gahdzila

My first computer was an Intel Celeron 400 mhz (still got it, actually). Next was the AMD T-bird.

I switched to AMD at that time mainly for cost/performance ratio reasons. I'm still using AMD products now (just bought a Barton!), because of the nice long Socket A period.

After Socket A dies, I'll reassess the situation. But I anticipate that I'll probably stay with AMD for price reasons.

Neco

What "hard times"?? meh..anyway

I have always used AMD in all my modern PC's where I had a choice.. Though I was let down with the K6-2, I was rewarded with great chips such as the Duron and Athlon XP, for waiting.

I will use whatever is the best performance for the dollar. So I guess I'll be using AMD for a long long time.

Mr.Guvernment

JoT said:
Used to use Intel, then I found the light. :D

And then it started to get dimmer, and dimmer and dimmer :D..lol

always been intel - never personally owed an AMD - but am about to buy a use 1.7

Mr.Guvernment

sandman001 said:
intel pentium 3 500mhz to amd athlon 1700+.
kind of did that jump myself

PIII 533 - to a p4 1.4

nice to make such a lrage jump cause that is whn u really notice the difference!

just like my g/f will be taking her from a PII upto a AMD 1.7 or a p4 2.4, have not deicded yet which to give her.

JoT

You can't fire me, I have
Mr.Guvernment said:

kind of did that jump myself

PIII 533 - to a p4 1.4

nice to make such a lrage jump cause that is whn u really notice the difference!

just like my g/f will be taking her from a PII upto a AMD 1.7 or a p4 2.4, have not deicded yet which to give her.

<darth vader> come, join the dark side >=D </AMD persuasion>

Mr.Guvernment

no worries - i just bought a used AMD 1700 system - but it is going to my girlfriend :)

recently i see no reason to go AMD - yeah it has a faster floating point then intel - but that is about it for me! and that is not enough ti buy one - not to mention the superior overclocking ability i find with Intel ships.

(HR)Titan

my first comp was mmx 200mhz
then was amd duron 800
then i switch to Intel p4 1.8A
i am planning to go on with intel ...

Status
Not open for further replies.