• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

POLL: Do you?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
on 24/7 here. due to folding.
i gotta see how my electric bill is this month also.
i turn both my moniters off tho at night.

plus when stuff starts diying im gonna be a little upset but i dont think it will do this due to 24/7 use.

I would but my fans put it up near 55 60 dbs.I sleep in the same room as the computers and normally cant sleep with it on.

Wow...I gotta have my computer on to sleep. Im only 45-50dB...but thats close to you. If I dont have mine on...the noise in my head keeps me awake.

Well thank you mr...I never look in those areas..and I doubt half of the other people here do either

KLowD9x said:
Well thank you mr...I never look in those areas..and I doubt half of the other people here do either

Not picking on you,really:), I just saw this as a great opportunity to mention the SEARCH button on the top right.

Just about any time I have a question that is about computers I try that first to see if the info I want is already around.
If it isn't, or my question is not answered I start a thread.
90% of the time my question is answered.

Off. Until I find a solution where I can't hear a peep outta both computers in my room, they'll stay off when I go to bed :)

I've got one in my bedroom that is my fiance's and one in my living room. Our electric bill is nuts so we turn them off whenever we can.

Also, my monster in my living room is friggin loud!! It keeps me up even with my door closed.
I guess 9 fans will do that though. ;)

So, no. Also, for the time being im running Windows, not a great system for leaving on all the time.

4 computers folding 24/7. 1 work computer that is on 24/7 too.

cxb said:

So, no. Also, for the time being im running Windows, not a great system for leaving on all the time.

I have had one of my rigs folding on win2k for 2 months without any problems. Might be time to check for software updates. :rolleyes:

I have an Alienware 51-m and it stays on most of the day. I turn it off at night because i'm always affraid that one of my brothers will come down stairs and put something to block my vents.

Definately Yes. Folding 24/7. Getting another rig to fold with 24/7.

Back