• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Poll: Upgrade to 11 or keep 10?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Do you do the free Windows 11 update or keep Windows 10?

• Update to Windows 11

Votes: 7 35.0%
  • Heck no...I keep Windows 10

Votes: 12 60.0%
  • I keep Linux...

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • My Chromebook updates itself

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I'll probably stick to 10 until much closer to its end of support, unless there is a "must have" exclusive feature in 11 to make me move. I do have it on one test system, and for now I see zero benefit. Only negatives in that I have no idea where they moved stuff, or even removed stuff. In a similar way Win10 was polished over time, the same will happen to 11, and I'll let more of it happen before I consider it on my daily use systems.

I wonder is he's aware he 'beckoned' a completely different member.... lol. First names don't work, you have to use forum handles. :)
I am lost...I meant ihrsetrdr and I he knows my name as Dave and responded...where was the confusion? We also commonly refer to each other by first name. Also Tim (ihrsetrdr is a linux fan)

So there is another Tim who likes Linux?

Honestly try remembering how to spell ihrsetrdr without looking it up...:p:D:D

I wanna stick with Tim.:cautious:;):D

Last edited:
I am lost...I meant ihrsetrdr and I he knows my name as Dave and responded...where was the confusion? We also commonly refer to each other by first name. Also Tim (ihrsetrdr is a linux fan)

So there is another Tim who likes Linux?

Honestly try remembering how to spell ihrsetrdr without looking it up...:p:D:D

I wanna stick with Tim.:cautious:;):D
If you type a username with @ in the front it'll show a list of usernames that match what you're spelling so you only have to remember the first 2 or 3 letters now :rofl:

If you type a username with @ in the front it'll show a list of usernames that match what you're spelling so you only have to remember the first 2 or 3 letters now :rofl:
I knew that...but I forgot...and so I have just put my thumb on my problem...my memory sucks...:cry:;)

You could check with my wife and daughter how often I mix their names up...:cautious:

To add to that, when you use the @ symbol, it looks for a forum user and sends a notification. ihrs used @ Dave (no space between the 'at' and dave). While your name is Dave, and you responded, he actually sent a notification to the user Dave, not you.

You didn't do anything 'wrong'... it was Tim that used the @ to your first name and 'notified' that user (and not you). If @ihrsetrdr wants to ping you he needs to type @dfonda and it will be in your notifications, not @ Dave. :)

Last edited:
Got it (y)

As to Windows 11...What would get me to upgrade is if the snap windows worked on my 34" ultrawide. It never works with Win 10. That was useful.

Snap windows? Like drag a window to a corner so it runs split screen? It works for me, but I don't have an ultra wide so I can tell you.

Glad you found something that works.

I'd still try W11 on another drive or VM though and see how it works. You may like it and your stuff may work without 3rd party software. ;)

To add to that, when you use the @ symbol, it looks for a forum user and sends a notification. ihrs used @ Dave (no space between the 'at' and dave). While your name is Dave, and you responded, he actually sent a notification to the user Dave, not you.

You didn't do anything 'wrong'... it was Tim that used the @ to your first name and 'notified' that user (and not you). If @ihrsetrdr wants to ping you he needs to type @dfonda and it will be in your notifications, not @ Dave. :)

Lol, I use the "@" feature on several venues, totally forgot about the beckoning feature that it invoked. Will the REAL @dfonda please step forward? :D

I knew that...but I forgot...and so I have just put my thumb on my problem...my memory sucks...:cry:;)

You could check with my wife and daughter how often I mix their names up...:cautious:

My sister married someone who has the same last name as my first name.

It is pretty funny when she accidentally calls me by his first name, or him by my first name.

Back