• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Popular gaming franchises you've never played.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Most all of them? Easier to list what franchises I've played! :rofl:

I'm an FPS guy so I only really caught onto COD/BF, Doom and Quake in the early days. I played some Age of Empires (up to III).

I missed the CS and CS:GO period.

Never really played a Final Fantasy (maybe an hour of FF7), although I bought FF7R to play on my PS5 when I get time

I'm not a fan of horror so I've skipped Silent Hill/Resident Evil/etc

Missed all online shooters apart from the Mass Effect series, Destiny 2 and MWO, much rather follow the campaign story (even if online) than random PVP.

I have yet to play a Resident Evil game, I hear there are a few of them, and I think I even own a few on Steam. One day I'll find time!

I tend to play a single game for years before moving on so my list is quite extensive. I've never played:

World of Warcraft
Mass Effect
Bioshock
Zelda
Pokemon
Resident Evil
Minecraft
League of Legends
Counter Strike (any)
Fortnite (I tried the demo for about an hour)
Final Fantasy (any)
Dota
Destiniy
Overwatch
EVE Online
Command and Conquer
ARMA (Any)
Forza (Any)
Dark Souls (Any)
XCom (Any)
Read Dead Redemption (Any)
Apex Legends

I tend to play a single game for years before moving on so my list is quite extensive. I've never played:

World of Warcraft
Mass Effect
Bioshock
Zelda
Pokemon
Resident Evil
Minecraft
League of Legends
Counter Strike (any)
Final Fantasy (any)
Dota
Destiniy
Overwatch
EVE Online
Command and Conquer
ARMA (Any)
Forza (Any)
Dark Souls (Any)
XCom (Any)
Read Dead Redemption (Any)
Apex Legends
Quoting is faster than replying.

That's fairly impressive, to be honest. Just never owned a Nintendo console or handheld?

Own a Super Nintendo (Including the classic HDMI), Wi, Game Boy, GameCube....just never played those 3. Mainly a PC Gamer. Loved Super Metroid on the SN and GC. and that is what I mainly had them for.

World of Warcraft

Bioshock
Zelda
Pokemon
Resident Evil
Minecraft
League of Legends
Counter Strike (any)
Final Fantasy (any)
Dota
Destiniy
Overwatch
EVE Online
Command and Conquer
ARMA (Any)
Forza (Any)
Dark Souls (Any)
XCom (Any)

Apex Legends

Yeah never played any of these either.

I have many franchises game played but the cod franchises never because cod is very long misson so thats why i have never played

Kinda hard to come up with an exact list, I think I've "tried" one or two games from a good chunk of the larger franchises just to give them a chance.

Franchises I haven't tried for sure?
CoD
God of War
Age of Empires
Assassin's Creed (maybe? I have a couple in my steam library but don't think I ever got around to playing them)
Most of the EA Sports lines
A good chunk of the console exclusives actually

Back