• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

portable hard drives for movie storage

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

aaawew

Title kind of sums it up, I am just wondering what people's opinions are on different portable hard drives to store movies on. Or what portable hard drives are best to use to watch movies from. Thanks! :D

hmmmm that is an idea i never thought of, do all in one portable hard drives have any advantage over putting a laptop/desktop hard drive in an enclosure? like can they take more of a drop or hit or anything like that?

All in one hard drive are cheaper than putting your own hdd in an enclosure box, a topical 2tb external hard drive cost around $110 to $130, but those hdd are not at good or at fast
My wife have this to storage
http://www.amazon.com/Book-External...words=western+digital+2tb+external+hard+drive
But when i open up the cover, it's a 5400rpm drive and not a 7200rpm hdd, low quality hdd, only carry a 2 year warranty from Western digital

Getting a WD Portable drive, pretty easy, simple and very portable. No need for extra cables and crap. Think it comes as large as 1, 1.5, 2TB drives from $100 to $135 depending on the place. Pretty good overall and have had 2 of them still running strong.

250Gig USB 2.0 works flawless, had for 6 years now, and have a 750Gig USB 3.0 one, have had for roughly 1.5-2 years. Works great and wonderful as usual. Both I've carried on me daily, 250Gig was for 4 years or so, when I got the 750Gig its not my daily carrying drive, and my 250Gig sits at home in a firesafe with important data on it.

External HDDs that come in a casing are typically green drives. Read: WD IntelliPower or 5400RPM.

You can get whatever drive you want and toss it into an enclosure to read it though. If its a case where speeds are critical, that can make a difference.

My 1 tb WD Passport is my movie storage drive. Thing takes a beating and keeps going. My 2 year old has thrown that thing across the kitchen floor more times than I can count and it just keeps going flawlessly

thanks man that does make sense, and i do have usb 3.0 on my desktop and laptop

Back