• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ports

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CrashOveride

how should you know what port to use for different things (or should hte defauly always be what to use)?

the situation is: my freind is trying to get DirectConnect (p2p program) to go into active mode (whatever that is) and when he does it stops accessing the servers... he thinks it because the port is wrong, how do you know what port you should use?

if you have anyother suggestions for this lemme know:D

and btw i am pretty new iwth networking stuff esp when it comes to more than just setting up an isolated network...

OLMI

i think you should be able to use any port that is free... what i do is use port forwarding on my router to forward things like 21 to my ftp server... you should be able to do the same with a file sharing program.. i wasnt able to forward ports to a computer in the DHCP, so make sure you make the ip static if you go my way..

DDR-PIII

Disabled
he has to go intot that programs config and let it know thats its going through a router ? if thats the case ? anyway you just gootaa check the box that says its going through a proxy.