• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Position of water temp sensor ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PvtWulf

Working on FMJ:drool: Was wondering about placement of water temp sensor. Would the best place be to place it just after the water revisor exit going to pump? Can anyone spell revisor ? To lazy to look.

Tnx Flat-6. Was wondering if placed directly on rad or cpu block if temperatures outside of components effect it that much also.
Gota be heat transfer there ? I most likely wont place one there anyway because if it does temps might scare me ,lol. Yea i looked it up, Reservoir.

Last edited:
Tnx Flat-6. Was wondering if placed directly on rad or cpu block if temperatures outside of components effect it that much also.

Outside temps are a different story although radiator outside temps tend to stabilise close to the water temps.

CPU block temp is not a great measurement - you are much better off relying on the inbuilt cpu sensors to check CPU temp via software such as HWINFO or similar (same goes for your GPUs as well).

Tnx again. Thinking that i will place sensor right after res.... anyway,its acetal. Gonna place sticky temp sensor on CPU block , just another Bling item anyway ,lol.

I've placed two water temps before entering the reservoir and one is built-in the reservoir to get a rough estimate of the water temp since these sensors aren't 100% accurate.

Back