• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Position of water temp sensor ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PvtWulf

Working on FMJ:drool: Was wondering about placement of water temp sensor. Would the best place be to place it just after the water revisor exit going to pump? Can anyone spell revisor ? To lazy to look.

OP
P

PvtWulf

Tnx Flat-6. Was wondering if placed directly on rad or cpu block if temperatures outside of components effect it that much also.
Gota be heat transfer there ? I most likely wont place one there anyway because if it does temps might scare me ,lol. Yea i looked it up, Reservoir.

Last edited:

Flat-6

Tnx Flat-6. Was wondering if placed directly on rad or cpu block if temperatures outside of components effect it that much also.

Outside temps are a different story although radiator outside temps tend to stabilise close to the water temps.

CPU block temp is not a great measurement - you are much better off relying on the inbuilt cpu sensors to check CPU temp via software such as HWINFO or similar (same goes for your GPUs as well).

OP
P

PvtWulf

Tnx again. Thinking that i will place sensor right after res.... anyway,its acetal. Gonna place sticky temp sensor on CPU block , just another Bling item anyway ,lol.

GTXJackBauer

Water Cooling Senior Member, #TEAMH20HNO
I've placed two water temps before entering the reservoir and one is built-in the reservoir to get a rough estimate of the water temp since these sensors aren't 100% accurate.