• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Positive Air Pressure?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

WeaponX

I have 4 80mm Globalwin case fans. 2 in the front, and 2 in the back. They are very quiet and i'm sure they're not very powerful. I also have some random fan that came with my Enermax PSU that is also rather weak. I am going to install a 108 CFM 120mm sunon in the side. I'm wondering if this is bad since know I will have a positive pressure within the case then.

Slightly positive airflow isn't a bad thing at all. It will allow you to put filters on the intake fans and keep all the dust out of your case.

Sounds like a good idea to me, that 120mm will help cool your system alot.

fans

Flip one of your 80mm's around so it exhausts air.
Also, clip the thermistor thing off the PSU and reconnect the 2 wires then tape it up with electric tape or shrink-wrap to get that fan running at full speed.

How are your 4 80mm's configured?

Re: fans

Arkaine23 said:
Flip one of your 80mm's around so it exhausts air.
Also, clip the thermistor thing off the PSU and reconnect the 2 wires then tape it up with electric tape or shrink-wrap to get that fan running at full speed.

How are your 4 80mm's configured?

I have 2 fans suckin in and 2 blowin out. What you mean to that fan running at full speed? The 120mm at full speed?

fan

Never mind flipping one of the 80mm case fans around then, it wouldn't help.

I was referring to the chincy 80mm in the enermax PSU. There's a set of wires with a little bulb/nubby thing on the end. This thermistor increases resistance to the fan at lower temperatures, thus it makes the fan work harder when the case gets hot. Since you have good airflow in your case, removing it would be a good option to get that fan moving more air, like it should. Cut the thermistor off, reconnect the 2 wires, and tape it up. The PSU fan will then run at full speed all the time, providing just a tad extra exhaust cfm's.

Back