• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Possible Short? Help troubleshooting please!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NYCTech

Ok I have been plagued by the same issue and have looked EVERYWHERE and done EVERYTHING suggested now here is the weirdest thing the damn computer works fine when I lay it down on its side and the motherboard is parallel with the ground so that indicates that when its standing up something must be loose and is causing this short out effect that keeps bluescreening my PC its blowing my mind I have taken aprat everything and retightened it all up and even changed the CPU retention bracket and I still cant figure it out.

9 year old thread Necro, nice! :p
(I'll move this to your own thread)

Does it work if you build it outside of the case?
Is there an extra standoff on the case? Make sure you only have the ones you use installed.
What motherboard is this in the first place?

Last edited:
What CPU cooler are you using? A large, heavy aftermarket cooler can cause a motherboard to flex, particularly when in a tower positioned in the normal upright position. Over time, this flexing can cause the soldered traces in the PCB to fail.

Back