• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Possible to make to 1gig with Pentium 3 700mhz?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Angry

Ill be getting a SlotKet from TUK101 here on the forums..Ill be using it on the board in my sig with PC150 that Im also getting from Tuk101, D you guys think it will make it to 1gig?

I figur Ill probaby have to use the vid pin mod....Cooling will be a Vantec AeroFlow...

By the way whats teh default voltage of these coppermine chips?

Last edited:

cw823

Honeybadger Moderator
Angry said:
Ill be getting a SlotKet from TUK101 here on the forums..Ill be using it on the board in my sig with PC150 that Im also getting from Tuk101, D you guys think it will make it to 1gig?

I figur Ill probaby have to use the vid pin mod....Cooling will be a Vantec AeroFlow...

By the way whats teh default voltage of these coppermine chips?

If its' a 700e it should to 1ghz fairly easily

Mangina

Registered
My bro's 700e only did about 840 before getting flaky but it was a retail slot1 with the factory fan.

IMO, it's cheaper and easier to buy a fast celeron these days instead of all the expensive heatsinks and fans it takes to get a 700 up to a gig.

cw823

Honeybadger Moderator
Mangina said:
My bro's 700e only did about 840 before getting flaky but it was a retail slot1 with the factory fan.

IMO, it's cheaper and easier to buy a fast celeron these days instead of all the expensive heatsinks and fans it takes to get a 700 up to a gig.

You don't realize how easy it was...That is, for the s370 700e's.

Most of them did 1ghz on default voltage and with little extra cooling

Mangina

Registered
cw823 said:

You don't realize how easy it was...That is, for the s370 700e's.

Most of them did 1ghz on default voltage and with little extra cooling

Actually most did 933 and about half of those needed a voltage bump to do that. 1GHz at default voltage was pretty rare.

batboy

Senior Moment
Angry, my old cC0 P-III 700 was 1.7v default vcore, but they made cB0 steppings too, which were 1.65v (I think). The default voltage depends on the stepping.

Most P-III 700 would do 133 FSB (933 MHz), but some of the early versions would not. The socket 370 seemed to do a little better on average than the slot1 CPUs. It was a little tough to get the cB0 700's to hit 1 gig, but I'd guess about 1/2 of the later cC0 stepping 700's would hit 1 gig with good cooling and a bump in voltage. As long as load temps don't exceed 40 degrees, those things will handle 1.9v no problem. I had a sweet cC0 P-III 700 that I ran at 1050 for 1-1/2 years.

FIZZ3

Got a 700E cC0 or cB0, can't remember, in my bro's PC. It's been running 933 flawlessly without any voltage increase... and with stock intel HSF, no case fans. Hardcore! :D

benutne

Registered
P3-700E cC0 and up will hit 1000 with little to no voltage without breaking a sweat. cB0's are a little harder to get it up there, but should at least hit 933. I have a cD0 700E that hits 1050 no problem.

logos

yeah the 700 is a sweet chip. i built a few machines with them. in my main box i ran one at 1071 for a really long time. it took 1.95 v though, default was 1.75 i think. still have it in a box in case this tualeron dies on me. i am starting to consider ebaying in though they are going for ~$70. i could score another 1.1a and have some cash left over!