Post your Experiences with Gaming LCDs!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Radical

I just got a new Samsung 710N 17" 12ms LCD and it's awesome. It's definitely brighter and more crisp than the BenQ FP767 it replaced. No dead pixels, either.

austinbmxnig

I just got the Samsung 915n and I LOVE it, my games look so beautiful and the contrast OWNS compared to my old Sony E400 Trinitron

sipherblade

17 " viewsonic vp171b ars kicking to the extreme no complaints great pic extremely fast response time and no ghosting.

av0

Registered

do you have the VP171B-2? 8ms? Im on the virge of buying it. Dose it ghost? Whats your setup?

1cem4n

Samsung SyncMaster 930b

Samsung SyncMaster 930b 19''

8ms Response Time(So fast)
1280 x 1024 Native Resolution
700:1(Clear Text)
19'' Viewable Area(can you say 15 IM windows open?)
Analog and DVI inputs

I've used this monitor for about 3 months now and I have to say that for only $450.00(with rebate)I think I've made one of the best decisions out of all my computer purchases. Haven't heard any reviews about DVI but I only got a Analog Cable but the image never had ANY distortion and provided one of the clearest images I've ever seen. Native Resolution for this monitor may be kind of high but it wasn't too blurry when I switched to 1024x768. All in all, this monitor is worth every penny.

-1cem4n

Thingi

OK here's the specs :)

Nforce2 based Shuttle
Mobile Athlon @ 2500Mhz
1Gb of DDR 400 ram (tight timings)
Nvidia GeForce 6800GT clocked to 410/1100
Logitech Wireless keyboard and Mouse & MCE remote.

Pretty bog standard so far eh......... but here comes the Star of the show!

Logik 27" LCD TV (1280x720 native res) with VGA input woot!!!!!!
It was an absolute bargin considering UK prices, only £560. I've not come across any ghosting so far, but can't find there response time in the TV specs. The 720p res is perfect for a GT,

thingi

Eto

30" Apple Cinema Display
400:1 contrast
16 ms response
270 cdm/m2 brightness
0.250 mm pixel pitch

My first LCD - upgraded from a Viewsonic 22" P220f - and I could not be happier! The 2560 x 1600 native resolution kicks ass! Finding a PC compatible video card was tricky. hehe

pswart

Registered

I Bought the Philips 190S LCD monitor. Anyone else with one? I did a search on the forum and found no one with the same. Any reason for that?

Malakai

I bought a Hyundai L90D+ as per recommendations from this forum, and sent it back a week later. Blurriness, though still slightly noticable, was nothing like previous LCD's. However, black depth and color reproduction were not very good, and the viewing angle was super duper tiny.

Wasn't suitable to replace my Viewsonic G90FB 19" CRT, this is a good CRT and I wasn't going to replace it with a monitor that was substandard to it in almost every way.

However, I'm giving LCD's one last shot. I have a viewsonic vp191b (the overdrive MVA revision one) on the way right now. It should be here thursday or friday. I'll post my experiences with that one as well :)

Miralcos

I recently got the Samsung 913T 19" LCD. It is one of the 8ms monitors also. Has DVI and man is it beautiful. Plays Quake3 and Doom3 without any problems that I can see. Did I mention it was beautiful? Pretty well priced also. Got it from Sam'sClub for $340. No dead pixels. Oh, and btw, it's beautiful. :)

gram_vaz

i have a samsung 172x. it's a good gaming lcd. no ghosting whatsoever. only thing that bugs me is with panels like this could only achieve such a low response time by going from 8bit color to 6bit color. this causes differences in color. not noticeable most of the time though as you get used to it.

Last edited:

joethemole

NEC 1970GX, dvi, 19inch

i just got this monitor, 700:1, 400cad, 8ms

i played cs for like 3 minutes, no ghosting at all. movies, fine, no ghosting.

love the base... its just so cool. also love how the screen is like a shiny polished piece of car. quite a reflective little thing :)

Last edited:

koontz946

well i got my L90D+ from ZZF and will be RMA-ing it when i get off vacation... very prominent stuck pixel (on blue in the middle of the screen)

as far as monitor quality... its simply amazing. ive already gotten several compliments on it from my CS:S clan that im visiting currently

Wiggles

Dell E173FP

Specs:
Diagonal Size: 17"
Display Type: Flat Panel/TFT Active Matrix
View: 140 deg horizontal / 120 deg vertical
Dot Pitch: 0.264 mm
Brightness: 250 cd/m^2
Contrast Ratio: 450:1
Max Resolution: 1280x1024
Max Sync Rate (V x H): 75Hz x 80kHz
Connections: 1 x 15-Pin D-Sub

I really like this monitor. I have no clue what the response time (ms) is, but I don't care since I got it for free through work. I run the resolution at factory recommended 1280x1024. It's a big jump for me in display devices coming from a old Gateway 17" CRT which was getting more and more blurry every day. And since I'm still on a older P2 platform (in process of building new PC now), Quake 2/3 and Unreal Tournament look really good.

PcDoctor

Registered

Ok well my friend couldnt not wait to get his monitor from me {Viewsonic VX924 19" Silver-Black LCD, 4ms 550:1.} so he ordered from Newegg.com {mistake #1} and we plug it in and it breaks after 2 days. because he didnt get it from me he had to pay for shipping back and forth to them and he ended up paying way over his original price. We got a replacement and i hooked him up with a extended warranty through viewsonic. I have sold over 30 of these in the past 2 months and they are HOT! All others are a pale comparison compared to the 4ms rsp time.

Advertising removed by David

Last edited by a moderator:

Jimbob7

19" L90D+. I came from a Iiyama 22" 1600x1200 100hz, this was an amazing monitor for gaming, although it died forcing me to get another monitor, the L90D+ has impressed me very much, even for gaming being an TFT the Iiyama isn't that much better.

Scott.

traldan

L90D+ here as well, and I love it. I'm not huge into FPS games, but in my MMO and FPS experience, I find the image to be simply amazing. Great response time, clear image, a little bright but nice contrast. Two thumbs up from me!