• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Power adapaters that plug into usb?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

killem2

My wife and I have went through now 4 laptops in 5 years. All because of the same dang thing, power adapater. It breaks, it stops charging, :blah:. Are there any laptops that are able to be powered through the usb port?

If not, are there any bases that you can like slide the battery out and like sit the laptop on and that base can be charged with a thicker ac adapter rather than the stupid circular one?

If not we're going to get an asus laptop but we just wanted to know if this option exists.

EarthDog

Gulper Nozzle Co-Owner
So you bought a different laptop instead of the power adapter for $30???????

I havent seen any USB charging laptops though, sorry.

OP
killem2

killem2

So you bought a different laptop instead of the power adapter for $30???????

I havent seen any USB charging laptops though, sorry.

Oh no, every time one of these ******** would stop charging, we'd go drop 30.00 on a new adapater, and then the connector on the laptop itself would go out. And after being burnt once for 30.00 because we took it back to bestbuy and they told us SORRY not covered under your warranty beause the stock charger that came with the laptop isn't the same brand you have to go back to them fro the warranty on that charger. Then they didn't even bother to see if it was the charger or the laptop.

That's why we wanted to check on the usb version if possible because they seem to be able to hold up better to movement. We have kids and from time to time they will trip on cables and over time that is just gonna hurt those flimsy power adapaters. However I've seen usb ports go through 50x the pain and still work LOL