• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Power Error 8IK1100 Rev 1

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Archer36

For some reason my 8IK1100 is giving me constant short beeps, the book says power error, what does the really mean. I have cleared CMOS by pulling out the battery but i cant seem to find the clear Cmos jumper. I have taken RAM Cdrom HDD all off the PSU and i still cant get it to go past that error. THanks

------------------Update-----------------------
I tried my 400 Watt PSU same thing, tried my other processor @ 1.6 Ghz still no go.

Last edited:
Ok there are a few things to try with this error.

Um is this board new?? PLEASE POST YOUR SYSTEM SPECS, otherwise we cant help u, im ean like voltages and case cooling things and what type of ram it is

1. Try replacing the battery on the MB, it could just be outa juice
2. UNPLUG all the extra USB modules and firewire plugs, infact unplug any thing hooked up to MB
eg case Fans, USB, firewire,
DONT unplug the north bridge fan, or the CPU fan
Test it without the other stuff plugged in
3. Try reseating your CPU.

Last edited:
Oh one more thing, ARE your plugging in the 12v ATX connector to your MB its the square plug from your PSU, on the 8ik1100 the plug is right next to your CPU on the left

Back