• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

power problem with K75SA heeellllppp!!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SpyderMatrix

does anyone know why i have trouble with my computer here is the problem

i goto turn the rig on and some time i have to turn it off like 2 or 3 time before i will come on i am running an ECS K75SA with an AMD AthlonXP 1700+ and 256 pc2100 DDR can anyone help me i would be really happy

dreadlord79

WHat kind of P/S do you have and how many watts does it put out? You have an awful lot of things running on it when you count the fans and if your P/S is 350 or lower you should upgrade yesterday! Just my $0.02. :)

Christoph

JAPH Senior
Remember that it's cheaper to buy a good PS than to buy a cheap PS then a good one.
I haven't heard of Heroichi and would be reluctant to go with it. Post over in the Case/PS forum and see what they have to say. BTW, how many HDs do you have?

Greg M

It's the PSU Compucase uses:
http://www.compucasecorp.com/SPS/350W/350ld.htm

It's a high efficiency unit. From the reviews I've read, it's very comparable to a 350W Enermax, but for less money.

I'm running 2 case fans, CD-R, ZIP 250, floppy, and 60GXP 7200 RPM HD. I run into problems when I overclock.

edit: According to the Case/PSU Forum, Flounder has one of these HEC units and is very happy with it.

Last edited:

MikeBD35

Just curious as to which OS you are using. I have win XP home and it causes a weird boot problem with many k7s5a's including mine. If I use the stock or OC bioses at 133/133 it will boot through the bios screens, then the hard drive light will start for a second at which point it just stops and nothing will happen. One or two presses of the reset button will usually boot the "windows did not start properly screen" at which point I can start normally.

This has happened with both a 300 watt no-name psu and a 400 watt sparkle. When I run at 138/138 it doesn't hang and thats the main reason I run at that fsb.

Mike