• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

"power settings" auto close program

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hooohaa2

Registered
How do I get a program (SETISpy) to automatically close in W2k when my HP Pavilion laptop is unplugged?

just create a new scheduled task, select it to run Seti (the program itself, is if I understood correctly, you want seti to stop crunching while the laptop is unplugged, right ?). Then, in settings, put it to load at every startup, and check the box that says to stop the program if the computer's running in battery mode.

I set up the scheduled task to occur at startup, and i also tried at logon, but it wouldnt start up SETISpy. I copied a shortcut to the startup in the start menu, I can get seti to start up that way, but it still wont close when i unplug the power. is there another way I should try?

don't try to make it start SETISpy using the scheduled tasks, just start normal SETI (the cruncher itself, not the viewer or progress displayer or whatever). That way, it ** should ** be able to be stopped and restarted using the battery settings

when i want to startup seti, i double click on the setispy icon, thats the same program i set up on scheduled tasks

OK, the program htat you need to start using Scheduled Tasks is called [email protected], it's in the [drive letter]:\Program Files\Seti@home directory, so just add this program to the scheduled tasks, with the battery settings, and all, that should work

ah, I am running the clc seti program... So I have like three files in a C:\SETI, SETISpy, SETI driver, and SETiathome.334.303.winnt.cmdline whatever... not the screensaver program, that may be where my problem is coming in. Has anyone done this with the clc version? Thanks man--

Back