• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PowerColor Sux!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Radius

this sux guys i got an ATI Radeon 9800 Pro 128mb DDR with samsung memorys....adn i cant clock it much...the highest is @400/365 and after a while i got Artifacts....and ive tryed to puch my card a bit but it´s not that strong...i went in to BIOS on my Asus A7N8X Deluxe and puch up the mhz on my AGP up to 85mhz... and then i got black screen..and i Reset my CMOS and tryed with 75..and than it worked...but still it´s a weak Card...i dont even see some Diffrents from 66mhz and 75mhz on the Frequensy....so plz give me a good tips...i use Riva Tuner 2 adn tryed the most but cant puch up my Card that much...:(

im not surprised u got a black screen at 85mhz on agp the stock is 66mhz and when u increase the agp the pci slots go up aswell so your hard drive wont like it

also try radclocker to overclock it

also use cat's 3.7 drivers im using 3.9drivers and they make the card run hotter

hmm ive tryed with the new Omega Driver and Radclock and it´s not that good...i use Riva Tuner 2 and Catalyst 3.9.....but that really strange why i cant have 80mhz in Frequense....my Friend got a 9800 XT and he can have 100mhz frequanse and 3.3v and i use 1.5volt and 8x AGP but i wounder if i gonna put a step higher on the Volt...than i maybe can clock some better.

yeah messing with the agp speeds is aking to fry a nice new card as well as scrambling all your hard drives. It looks to me like your core clock might be too high for stock cooling. Try taking it down 10 mhz. If that works take your mem clock up about 5 mhz at a time.

:rolleyes: why does everyone think that increasing the agp frequency will give them extra perfomance? It does virtualy nothing.

Good lord, there were a few other threads where folks thought that upping the AGP frequency was akin to OCing the card... The reasoning given was that "back in the days, oc'ing the agp/pci bus was necessary"

Power color 9800pro 128mb cards are ok, I get quite a reasonable clock max of 420/370 but without some good temp' monitoring I'm not too keen to o/c much more :)
I was wondering would a minor increase in AGP voltage help o/c the card more, especially if the cores water cooled?

rangi

hmm i wounder if i can increase the voltage from 1.5v to 1.6?? can i or will i Fry my card? becuase i wanna clock my card a little more :p so tell me if it´s ok to put on a step on the Voltage....i use Cat 3.10 now and that Driver Sux Totaly...i cant clock more than 10 at Core and memory...when i did that i got some Strange Colors on my Screen :( but it is ok now....i think i will use 3.9 again.

Hey I increase the voltage on my cpu and ram...why not alittle on the agp:D sure the maybe certain tolerances but still there maybe some constructive advantages out of it, if one was carefull :)

I have the 3.10 drivers curently installed and they were upgraded from 3.9, I have found no real significant difference in any benchmark...or have either othe drivers caused any limitations on what the max core clock I get...so far :)

Back