• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PowerDVD image quality

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

yanks111

Ok, I want to watch some DVD's on my pc, because alot of the time I can't use my standalone as its the main tv in the house.

So I loaded up PowerDVD, and to my dismay the DVD's have huge amounts of graininess (spelling?) to them.

TRied several dvd's, same problem. I tried enabling Hardware acceleration, but that did nothing. Am I missing something here?

In some cases, you need a hardware solution for good DVD viewing, something like a Utobia DVD hardware card. Even though most newer systems and video cards should cope fine, you get the occasional difficulty.

I've always found PowerDVD to be of lower quality. I usually go with WinDVD which, in my opinion, has better quality.

What version of power DVD I have used the Power DVD-XP (4.0) and it has run flawlessly for me even when going to TV out

Back