• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Powerleap Hyperthreading Adaptor

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NookieN

Looks like they had a lot of trouble getting it to work in some of their test boards though. I'd be nervous about using an 800Mhz FSB chip with it too. Seem's like most people would be better off just paying $100 for a new motherboard, unless they're really desperate to keep their 845E boards in use.

OP
Cowboy X

Cowboy X

That is the problem with most powerleap adaptors especially the tualatin ones because their price is often on par with a new board . But in this case the difference is only $20 . As the review said if you can get it from a place with a return policy or Powerleap themselves you can't go wrong . If it works ....... hooray ............ if it doesn't , send it back .

JCLW

So how long before someone buys it and figures out how they did it? Then maybe everyone could just do pin mods. I might be tempted to do it if I had a P4 system, but all my setups are P6 based :rolleyes:.

- JW

JCLW

Pentium core was P5
Pentium Pro, PII, and PIII cores are P6
Original P4 core was going to be codenamed P7 but they changed it so the P4 is just known as the P4.

So in order it went ... 8088, 8086, 286, 386, 486, P5, P6, P4.

- JW

JaY_III

Senior of BX
JCLW said:
Pentium core was P5
Pentium Pro, PII, and PIII cores are P6
Original P4 core was going to be codenamed P7 but they changed it so the P4 is just known as the P4.

So in order it went ... 8088, 8086, 286, 386, 486, P5, P6, P4.

- JW

actually the P4 core is the P68
the Itanium is the P7 :D

hoytron

I'm a bit unclear about exactly what this adapter does. It claims to offer hyper-threading in non-hyperthreading boards, but requires the ability to select hyperthreading in your BIOS. If you can turn on hyperthreading in your mobos BIOS already, where's the issue?