• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Precision X weird behavior

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

motherboard1

Got a couple of issues going on with this overclocking application.

I'm running the latest version this issue has followed me through 2 versions. immediately when I launch PrecisionX the fans on my GPU Ramp up to max (or maybe more by the sound of it) for 1 or 2 seconds, I'm talking 0-60 in the blink of an eye and it's a little worrisome since one of the PCI - E Cable sockets melted on a 3 year old Corsair Platinum AX860 PSU shortly after I began using PrecisionX. It's left me a little bit paranoid.

The second version is specific to one Game. Rome 2: Total war experiences extremely high input lag specific to whether or not I'm running precisionX in the background. Strange and I've always wondered what the connection is.

Wish I could fix that title. Butchered it , doh!

Johan45

Benching Team Leader Super Moderator
When you upgraded revisions did you uninstall the first one? Or just install the new over the old? Try using a different OC tool such as Nvidia Inspector. See if you still have the same problems.

OP
M

motherboard1

MSI afterburner doesn't cause these issues. And yes I did a complete uninstall before installing the latest versions of PrecisionX.