• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Pressure Regulator for water cooling system?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

touser

hi all, i am awaiting my DD watercooling kit and was thinking, would it be possible to put a pressure regulator somewhere on the system so that if the pressure drops below a certain amount it will shutdown the computer in case of pump failure. if this is possible where could i get one? thank you for your time.

the only problem i could forsee would be at startup. there is no pressure when the systems not running so the pressure circut would be open and it would not start the pump on bootup, you could devise a circut to cycle the pump on bootup then switch off allowing the pressure switch to close. you could get one from anyone that sells fluid componets . you would have to know what pressure your running as well. its almost more practical to use mbm and a shutdown program or the rundll shutdown commandline as described by me here

sorry man.......your program/bat file doesn't work when Seti CLC is running. I tested it, hoping it would work and sure enough......it started to shutdown and then a window came up and said "you must shut down seti before windows can shutdown" blah.....blah.......blah.....

Is there a fix for this?

dozier768 (Jul 28, 2001 08:08 p.m.):
the only problem i could forsee would be at startup. there is no pressure when the systems not running so the pressure circut would be open and it would not start the pump on bootup, you could devise a circut to cycle the pump on bootup then switch off allowing the pressure switch to close. you could get one from anyone that sells fluid componets . you would have to know what pressure your running as well. its almost more practical to use mbm and a shutdown program or the rundll shutdown commandline as described by me here

unfortuneatly this will not work for me as i am on a win2k system :(

correct me if i'm wrong, but doesn't the /f"command" force all applications to close? if i remember right, SHDN! has not only the standard /shutdown switch, but a /fshutdown which should terminate everything.

as i dont have seti, i cant say for sure, but it would be worth checking into

Rabid Bob Dole (Jul 30, 2001 10:56 p.m.):
correct me if i'm wrong, but doesn't the /f"command" force all applications to close? if i remember right, SHDN! has not only the standard /shutdown switch, but a /fshutdown which should terminate everything.

as i dont have seti, i cant say for sure, but it would be worth checking into

i have not seen this command in the microsoft rundll commandline switch doccumentation are you sure this is a rundll command? in anycase this is just an alternative to shutdown now, because shutdown now does not work for everyone

jack (Jul 28, 2001 08:29 p.m.):
sorry man.......your program/bat file doesn't work when Seti CLC is running. I tested it, hoping it would work and sure enough......it started to shutdown and then a window came up and said "you must shut down seti before windows can shutdown" blah.....blah.......blah.....

Is there a fix for this?

There is a fix for this...though I didn't need it for win2k...just win98. It didn't work on my ME system for some reason. I couldn't find the webpage to download it from, I just zipped it and attached it to the post.

Thelemac (Jul 30, 2001 11:28 p.m.):

Is there a fix for this?

There is a fix for this...though I didn't need it for win2k...just win98. It didn't work on my ME system for some reason. I couldn't find the webpage to download it from, I just zipped it and attached it to the post.

i posted the fix about 2 post ago, and if you know how to do this with win2k please let me know, i dont have win2k so its not real eay to figure out lol and it would be good to know so i could tell other people

dozier768 (Jul 30, 2001 11:33 p.m.):

Is there a fix for this?

i posted the fix about 2 post ago, and if you know how to do this with win2k please let me know, i dont have win2k so its not real eay to figure out lol and it would be good to know so i could tell other people

yes, i am on a win2k system and thats what i need! hehe

touser (Jul 30, 2001 11:41 p.m.):
dozier768 (Jul 30, 2001 11:33 p.m.):

Is there a fix for this?

I wasn't really sure what that was...I got this off of a SETI website, so I thought it might be relevant.
yes, i am on a win2k system and thats what i need! hehe

On second notice, I did, in fact, add that to my winnt directory to get it to unload properly. So I guess it does make it shutdown right in win2k. :)

I could have sworn I edited my original post, since as I'm sure you noticed, that isn't a zip file. I forgot that I hadn't installed that on this machine yet, and I didn't feel like doing it right then. :D

Back