• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Price check:

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

eobard

Give me a break Senior
I'm not looking to actually buy just yet but when the tax fairy eventually does visit I'd like to be prepared so here's my questions:

1) What is a reasonable price range for a waterblock?

2) What's a reasonable price range for a radiator? Preferable one with max dimensions of 160mm high by 140mm wide, depth irrelavent.

3) What's a reasonable price range for a pump?

4) Does anyone know how to convert GPH into CFM?

Any help is appreciated.

Diggrr

Underwater Senior Member
I can get ya part way there at least:1 gallon [US, liquid] = 0.133681 cubic foot, according to www.onlineconversion.com .

That new butt stompin Gemini waterblock is $50/$40 depending on the model you get.

As for pumps and radiators, there's so many varieties out there, it'd be hard to give an estimate.
Hope these help ya.

KingB

Just picked up a heater core for an 86' chevette at Canadian Tire for 40 bucks (noticed your from Canada). People say you can't beat one of these for a rad. Now looking at what all the American sites are selling these for and once you add the exchange and shipping I believe this is a good deal. I think they are for sale in the Classifieds here for 18 US plus shipping. Lets do some quick math here:

18US + 10US (for shipping)
using 1.57 for exchange (1.61 is more like it if using a credit card)

28.13 CA + 15.70 CA = $43.83 CA

There you go. Canadian Tire is a good deal for a good rad.

KingB

Just thought I'd also let you know that the heater core is 155mm wide by about 185mm tall (including tha barb height). Slightly more than you requested, but you should still be able to fit this into a normal case.

I also picked up a Gemini High flow for $40 US at www.case-mod.com. I think its $35 for the low flow. Most other quality blocks will run anywhere from $40 to $70 US.