• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Pricing for Intel’s entire Kaby Lake X and Skylake X Core i9, i7 & i5 CPU leak

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I'm looking at that 7820x. I'm losing patience for the issues that come with overclocking. If 2 of the cores hit 4.5ghz at stock in games and the other 6 cores pitch in at 3.6ghz on time consuming jobs that can use them then it looks pretty perfect at base clocks. damn thing is faster on 2 cores at stock than I can reach on my 5820k overclocked. I'm ready for that newegg mobo/cpu bundle.

We wished :( just the feeling i might get the banhammer one of these days for posting them :rofl:

capture3221.jpg

http://www.shopblt.com/search/order_id=825403410&s_max=25&t_all=1&s_all=BX80673&search=Search

I don't think there's actually anything majorly wrong with Intel's recent actions. The biggest problem is they've failed to manage the marketing message at a time when AMD are Ryzen up. Put aside that, X299 is a decent successor to X99. It wont be for everyone but it shouldn't be dismissed out of hand either.

some people made a lot of noise in the web and most others see X299 as a failure because of that ... mostly people who had no chance to test it, say it's bad in any way

some people made a lot of noise in the web and most others see X299 as a failure because of that ... mostly people who had no chance to test it, say it's bad in any way

I've no idea if the hardware is bad, but the optics seem fairly hideous(imo) on socket 2066...from a marketing standpoint. Perhaps it's just because I'm an aging techie, but I can barely wrap my head around what will happen when ix-7xxx processor is inserted into xyz motherboard. It seems unnecessarily confusing with i5, i7, and i9 CPUs supported, base and boost 2.0 clock specs all over the map(never mind that there are also IPC differences as well), varying support for quad channel RAM access, and restricted PCIe lanes below the $1k mark. ...and RAID keys/dongles too? lol

Again, perhaps it's just because I'm getting old and senile, but I have trouble picturing the typical tech nerd at the local best buy attempting to describe the upgrade capabilities of the socket 2066 equipment on hand to rank and file non-techie customers without causing seizures.

I've no idea if the hardware is bad, but the optics seem fairly hideous(imo) on socket 2066...from a marketing standpoint. Perhaps it's just because I'm an aging techie, but I can barely wrap my head around what will happen when ix-7xxx processor is inserted into xyz motherboard. It seems unnecessarily confusing with i5, i7, and i9 CPUs supported, base and boost 2.0 clock specs all over the map(never mind that there are also IPC differences as well), varying support for quad channel RAM access, and restricted PCIe lanes below the $1k mark. ...and RAID keys/dongles too? lol

Again, perhaps it's just because I'm getting old and senile, but I have trouble picturing the typical tech nerd at the local best buy attempting to describe the upgrade capabilities of the socket 2066 equipment on hand to rank and file non-techie customers without causing seizures.

Really it's Boils down to just a core amount difference, the rest is just fluff from all the review testing I see.

Some people said way too much from their point of view and now all are scared or complain when they had no chance to test this hardware. I see no issues related to what all are talking about and that includes stability issues, overheating vrm, problems with overclocking, clock throttling etc.
If a guy who is benching on LN2 is talking about vrm issues, it doesn't mean it affects all who are using these motherboards on air/water cooling at reasonable voltages.

Skylake-X is heating up a lot but the same was with AMD FX and people were still buying them no matter how bad were reviews. Nearly all motherboards had problems with power section stability. Bloomfield was running up to 90°C+ after OC for many users, all were happy. New gens which are specified to be safe up to 95°C+ run at 80°C+ and all complain.
There were a lot of issues with Ryzen after release and still not everything is perfectly stable and problem free. Barely anyone is saying it's a bad platform and it's actually recommended by most users regardless of issues.

Not saying it's a bad X299 platform is not saying much for the platform. If I would of seen comments like this X299 platform is so sweet or awesome that would be saying a lot.:D I have not seen comments like that since Sandy Bridge.

Back