• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Pride tastes sour

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

superducky

Team 32 Folding Member
If you don't mind switching to AMD, both Atlanta Microcenters have RX 6800 XT (several) & RX 6900 XT (one) available for less than $1600. ;)

AMD drivers aren't playing nice with Linux right now and the rest of the farm is NVDA. It doesn't even justify the dollar savings on a Radeon because the GeForces are just that much better PPD after the optimization. I have a 5700 and that desktop got retired as a dead end when I bought the Alienware. It folds but poorly lol

OP
WhitehawkEQ

WhitehawkEQ

Premium Member
My RTX 3080 is in and installing Win 10 8:47pm central time, hope to have all the drivers and passengers installed and the client soon.

dfonda

Senior Golfer
My RTX 3080 is in and installing Win 10 8:47pm central time, hope to have all the drivers and passengers installed and the client soon.
I was wondering if you were sleeping with it under your pillow or were going to install it....:p:D:D

OP
WhitehawkEQ

WhitehawkEQ

Premium Member
I'm currently getting about 5.5 mil ppd on this card, I was expecting 7 or 8 mil ppd. Too much to expect? :)

dfonda

Senior Golfer
I'm currently getting about 5.5 mil ppd on this card, I was expecting 7 or 8 mil ppd. Too much to expect? :)
That is probably a low PPD WU...How much of the GPU power is it using? You should generally be about 6.5 mill in Windows...7+in Linux.

I look at the power usage when it is up in the 90 percentile it is a good PPD WU.

OP
WhitehawkEQ

WhitehawkEQ

Premium Member
Kirk: Scotty, I need more power
Scotty: Aye Captain, coming right up

:comp: :comp::muahaha:

Last edited: