• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

prime95 and orthos wont load up q6600 100%. help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hank123

hey i been trying to check the OC and i cant get the cpu at 100% loaded. it seems cores 3 and 4 wont go into use at all no matter how many prime95 or orthos i run.
whats going on?

ou_phidelt

The newest version of prime should do the trick. For ORthos run two instances and open task manager then go to the processes. Right click on one of the orthos and click affinity. Set one to cores 0 and 1. Set the other Orthos to cores 2 and 3. I prefer Orthos even though it is a bit more work. I also have taken a liking to OCCT due to its ability to log data.

redduc900

Inactive Moderator
You can find the latest version of Prime95 v25.6 here...

Prime95 25.6
ftp://mersenne.org/gimps

... as this newest version will auto-detect and stress all four cores of your Q6600, without the need of running four separate instances of Prime. The x64 version filename is p64v256.zip, and the x86 filename is p95v256.zip

khoumic

Registered
Just a thought, but have you enable all 4 cores in your bios? Not entirely sure about your MOBO, but mine disables cores 2 and 3 by default.