• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Printer Compatibility Question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

leadarrows

Registered
I want to use my old printer just for checks for my business. I tried to use the CD to install it and got the message "Windows 2000 dose not support this driver" I think thats right I didn't write it down. The printer I want to use is a hp desk-jet 832C. The computer I want it to work on is the one in my signature.
Any one know a way to make this work?

OP
L

leadarrows

Registered
The printer is hooked up to the port marked Parallel in the book. When I ran the wizard I didn't see that choice. I'm checking out this web site you gave me now.

OP
L

leadarrows

Registered
That web site said I ready have the right driver so what am I doing wrong? The printer is all hooked up and on but the computer doesn't seem to no it's there. I should be able to see an Icon for it in my computer area shouldn't I ? then when I print something I should be able to chose a printer right? I have no idea what I"M doing so tell me even the obvious that I might have missed. Thanks

xb-70

Have you tried this, I have a feeling that XP dosen't like the legacy parallel interface.
1. Go to your printers menu, usually in the start menu or control panel. Ensure that your printer is on and connected properly.
2. Double click on add new printer
3. Follow wizard, selecting the printer as a local printer, and allowing the machine to detect the plug and play device
4. Locate and install driver.
5. Complete wizard and print test page.
Manually adding the printer like this should work, keep us posted on your progress ;)

OP
L

leadarrows

Registered
That worked perfectly!! :)
Thank you very much.
Actually the web site you gave me gave the same advise and I just got done when I got the E-mail you posted. Thanks again.

OP
L

leadarrows

Registered
I know this is not the right thread for this but I can't access any of the topics I wanted to this visit. I don't have a hundred post's and if I can't post in the topics that interest me I never will. What's the deal? It's too bad. I thought I was going to like it here. :(

Bulwark

well I came for the classifieds, but it seems I stayed for the conversation. u have access to all the overclocking areas...what more could a person ask for? :D

OP
L

leadarrows

Registered
I have tried several threads and been denied for lack of having 100 posts. The forum's not set up like that? Then what's happening? I'M confused.

OP
L

leadarrows

Registered
I always start with the new posts. I see now what is going on. I don't like it much but I'm sure there are reasons I don't know about being new and all. I'll just have to post every chance I get till I have enough I guess.

Bulwark

well I'm not sure its purpose in the "discussions" section, but in the classified area it's to prevent ppl, from just signing up and ripping someone off.