• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Problem coil whine ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming-ITX/ac

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

iDrakus

Good day!

I ran into a significant problem. My computer is standing next to me on the table. I specifically assembled it for this, making it compact.

When the radiator fans run at low speeds, I clearly hear electric sound (Coil Whine) from the processor area. It definitely comes from my ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming-ITX / ac motherboard. The sound appears when I move the mouse cursor, and in any operating system, whether it be Windows or Linux. It also appears, for example, when starting a video on YouTube and in other situations.

I do not use a discrete graphics card. My power supply is not making any sounds. What options can I change in Bios to solve this problem?

My configuration:

Motherboard: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming-ITX / ac

Processor: Intel Core i9-9900K

Power Supply: Corsair SF750 Platinum

RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 32GB 3467MHz

Box: Ncase M1 (v6)

Thanks!

I would look at changing the VRM frequency (you'll have to look to find it... likely in the overclocking or section that has to do with power) or perhaps overclocking/changing the clocks on the 9900K.

I did not overclock my processor.
VRM settings in the BIOS settings of the motherboard I do not see.

CPU Settings (Overclocking):

1.jpg

2.jpg

Power Settings:

3.jpg

4.jpg

I did not overclock my processor.
VRM settings in the BIOS settings of the motherboard I do not see.
I suggested overclocking the processor to see if that helps.

Maybe that board doesn't have those options... it could be under advanced somewhere as well. Look around. But the option you are looking for is a VRM frequency. Change that, if you find/have it, and see if that helps.

I don't know off hand. Adjusting it will not hurt... just try one up/down from where it is at or simply change it and see if it goes away.

Back