• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Problem installing xp...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nobitacu

Registered
Hello...

I am trying to install xp in my computer. Both HDs are new, on raid, using Kt400 dragon board. But for some odd reason, when trying to install the OS, after it copies all the files and then reboots, later on when I'm suppose to go back into the installation screen when it installs everything on your HD, it gives me this screen with all kinds of weird letters and numbers and stuff... it won't go back into the installation screen... What's going on here??? I've never had this problem before... This is new to me.

Thanks...

Now I got into the installation screen, but then it still says the same thing, right at the "press F6 if you need to install a third party SCSI or RAID driver"

Above it, it says in the blue screen:

TRAP 80000060 ======Exception=====

tr=FFFF cr0=00000000 cr2=00039000 cr3=00000060
gdt limit=03FF base=0003F000 idt limit=07FF base=0003F400

cs:eip=0046:00000058 ss:esp=0030:00060018 errcode=0000
flags=0001078A NoCy NoZr IntEnUp TrapEn
eax=80000060 ebx=00000001 ecx=00 ds000002 edx=000000B6 ds=0600 es=0000
edi=00011D68 esi=05000000 ebp=00067FDA cr0=00000000 fs=0060 gs=0000

Anyone ever seen something like this before or have a clue on how to fix this???

Thanks...

I guess this is too hard of a problem to find the solution for it.... boohoo

maybe to hard for you.... but it seems like your to insistant, to demanding, to wanting.... have you been to the microsoft web site ?

These look like memory addresses in that message.are you running 2 sticks of ram if so drop to 1.If you are running 1 stick move it to another slot on the board.

If not try to install the OS in a non raid set up on that board to see if it is able to install.

Thanks, I'll give that a try. I'm only using one stick of ram, a 512mb DDR PC2700.
I can't find anything about this error either in windows help page.

Well, it got past the F6 part, then it trys to load everything, but then out of no where, it pops out again.... Weird...

Last edited:
I've tried not using RAID, same thing... I've tried my friend's stick of Ram, same thing.... it's got to be the MB then... is there anything I can change, say in the CMOS to correct this problem???

Thanks...

Prior to assembly did you clear the cmos ??Something you should always do on a new board.I would reduce the system to the least you can.Proceessor,ram,video,Hard drive,CdRom....Also meke sure all jumpers are correct on board..

After clearing cmos and reducing it to its minimum set up try to install O/S...

Anytime I get a dump full of memory addresses and exceptions, I start looking at hardware. There are very few times I don't find something wrong.

A friend of mine had roughly the same type of problem at the same point in the installation of Windows 2000. Turned out, the memory controller on the motherboard was fried. Even running his Nanya PC2100 at only PC1600 with the most conservative timings, it would get a little further, but still crashed soon after the first crash point. I'd look into this a bit further, of course, after you try the most conservative memory timings possible. If it turns out it does the same thing with both sticks of memory (try both of them independently) at the slowest settings it will let you, and gets a little further before crashing each time as you go slower, you can almost certainly pinpoint your motherboard.

p.s. - tell someone up there to stop putting more stoplights in Woodbury. Takes longer to get through there to buy video games now! :D

hehehe, I don't think the stop light problem is going to stop anytime soon, they want more! Arrrgggg....

But yea, I've tried 2 different kinds of Ram sticks, one is PC2700, other is PC2400. Still same type of problem... I think it's what you said, it's the MB that's costing this problem... man... I just got this board... just my luck I had to get a stupid one that's already defective before I can even try to kill it =P now I'll have to return it back to newegg.com and have them sent me a replacement board... which will take another week or so of time... Looks like I'll have to use this Laptop a little longer and miss out on that huge Lan party this friday...

Oh, and yea, I did clear my CMOS before I turned it on....

So, have anyone else seen this kind of error before? does it mean that the motherboard is defective? like the momory control or something?

Back