• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

problem needing fast fix ... ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

minoukat

OK, I'm at my dad's office, and I asked him if I could install [email protected] on his computer (500 MHz P3 Katmai) He said I could, so I did, but the folding client (3.14) says it can't retreive the user ID from the server. Please, I want this computer to run folding ! Help please, fast, but I still have at most 5 hours to spend here, so that's all the time I'm gonna be able to get it to work, as my dad won't try and fix it, he'll just let it run without even caring what it's doing.

NASsoccer

On a string I was held Senior
is there a proxy/firewall/router there that the client is not liking? could you paste a bit of the log?

FOLD ON
NAS

OP
M

minoukat

There is a firewall, but the admin, which I know personally, told me that it wouldn't block the program itself, it just depends on where it would be going (what way, port, blahblah), anyways, here's the log file.

DarkArctic

Well FAH defaults to use port 8080. You could edit your client.cfg to use port 80 instead of 8080. I'm sure that ths won't be blocked.

-DarkArctic