• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

problem trying to boot from disk

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

crb806

i just got everything hooked up on my new build and I'm trying to boot from the dvd drive to install Windows 7 but I keep getting the message "Disk boot failure, insert system disk and press enter".. the dvd drive seems to be working fine(it opens and closes).. is it possible my motherboard isnt recognizing windows 7 or something?
also i cant figure out how to get back into the bios.. the first time all i had to do was press delete now it automatically shows that error and i cant figure out how to get back to the bios because the only thing i can do is press enter
Evga SLI LE motherboard
i7 920
corsair PC1600 dominators 6g
evga 285 gtx
corsair 750w

Last edited:
Is the DVD drive set as the first boot device?
also i cant figure out how to get back into the bios.. the first time all i had to do was press delete now it automatically shows that error and i cant figure out how to get back to the bios because the only thing i can do is press enter
You may need to hit the Delete key repeatedly after you hear the POST beep. Also if your keyboard is connected via USB, try connecting it to the PS2 port.

Last edited:
Back