• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Problem: Windows XP Pro Cannot Save file "XXXX"

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

daba

Hello, this is for my AOpen XC Cube EZ65 which has been folding 24/7 for a day, but I suspect it is overheating.

It gets the error:
Windows cannot save file "xxxx"; Data has been lost.

popup then when I click OK it restarts my computer. I put an additional exhaust fan and have a big fan blowing from the outside into the computer via the passive exhaust on the side of the EZ65, but no avail.

Anyone?

OP
D

daba

You know, I thought of that, and now I put a big fan on the side for the HDD, no problems so far.

Syx

It could either be your harddrive or your RAM, I suggest running a memory diagnostic program, I have alot of experience with RAM failing, 5 times in one year, heh.

OP
D

daba

That's very true, Syx. Luckily, my RAM sits right underneath my HDD Cage. Thus with an addition of a fan, both are cooled.

Yamiyanazz

Even though you have it working now, is it really worth the wait to make sure it will die? I might suggest you backup your important stuff now on a cd or two. Don't backup everything ,because there aren't any guarantees that it'll die, but if you can backup your good files that are very important (and game saves), then you'll be safe against a harddrive failure anyway.

OP
D

daba

No need! New computer, and fairly new hard drive (it was used as an external). Visit my homepage for my Rigs specs. It's name is Milk.