• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Problem with a WD 120GB... I think...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SlowBurn

This has NOT been my week for computer equipment, with that said here's my problem. I just switched from an Abit KR7A-RAID Motherboard to an Abit KD7. Since I have done this, I have noticed that I'm getting a yellow kind of yield sign that shows up in my system tray when I'm installing programs, or copying files. The error says something like "Error writing to disk". I wish I knew the exact error message, but I'm at work atm and don't have that information readily available.

Now what I'm wondering is could I be receiving these errors because on the KR7A-RAID I put the same HDD on the High Point IDE Controller, and on the KD7 it's on the normal IDE Ports? I'm hoping it's not the HDD dying on me :( Any help is appreciated.

Jola

Registered
Use some diagnostic program to test the drive. I am sure that WD have one.

That will remove your uncertainty.

PYROMANIAC

does the error look a little something like this?

error.jpg

acesea

yea, get that program that WD offers and test the drive. i had an error EXACTLY like that for a couple days and then my drive crashed. turned out that the drive was way messed up. i sent it to maxtor and got a new one back. that is great customer server. they were very helpful. nonetheless i lost a lotta data, it was an 80gig drive. good luck