• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

problem with canon s30 digital camera

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BmanG17

Ok, my neighbors ahve an s30 digital cmaera, which connects to thier compaq[yuuuukkkk] PC via USB. I plug in thier camera, the camera makes nosie recognizing that its been connected to a computer, it shows up in MY , but when i right click and hit device wizard it says 'cant connect to deivce' or something along those lines, and when i use the specified canon software, it cant communicate with it either, i cant figure out what the problem is at all.

windows = ME
600-800mhz celeron CPU
usb 1.1

It shows up in mycomputer as 's30 camera'' but it cant communicate with it, and i cant figure out the fix. I got the canon WIA USB driver update, which didnt help at all, altohu they have 'TWAIN' installed, the manual says something about TWAIN only being for windows 98/2000 and , wondering if thats the cause or not, but didnt want to go deleteing the TWAIN files in windows without being sure it wouldnt mess up. Not sure, anyone have any ideas?! I'm conufsed

OP
B

BmanG17

yea, ME sucks, but it supports it. says 'for ME use the WIA USB drivers, and 2000/98 use the TWAIN drivers.....i've fonud that they have both; the TWAIN drivers on there [think from a scanner] and not sure if those drivers are conflicting with the WIA USB drivers. i'm clueless as to how to get it to work, but if anyone else has no clue, think its safe to delete the TWAIN drivers?[ doubt they even use scanner since they have camera]