• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Problem with playing some video files

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cullam3n

On some video files, the sound will be perfect but the video will flash on and off, it's really annoying. I'm using Windows Media Player 9 for 2k pro, anyone else having this problem?

-PC

nut581

what video files?? DivX? Real media?? different type of files require different codec to run properly. The key is to install the right codec for the right type of file.

Basically, for DivX and MPG, use nimo codec (search on google for download site), for Real media, use Real player, for ASF, use Windows media player (it updates itself w/ the latest codec), for MOV (or QT), use Apple QuickTime.

Hope this helps.

wilhelm310

Cullam3n said:
On some video files, the sound will be perfect but the video will flash on and off, it's really annoying. I'm using Windows Media Player 9 for 2k pro, anyone else having this problem?

-PC
Windows Media Player 9 I didnt even know there was a Windows Media Player version 9 out