• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Problem with the KT400

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Wicked Klown

Hard *** Southern Boy Senior
I finaly got my CPU in today. So when I got home I put everything together went to boot up and got one short beep and one long one. I check everything then changed my Ti4600 to a GF2 MX400 PCI card and all was well. So I put the TI4600 back and but didn't screw it in and everything was fine. I was like ok cool then I went to screw it in to the case and it shut down. So now it is in there with no screw to hold it in to the computer and everything is fine. Has anyone else had this problem. See sig for everything in the computer.

DipStickTony

So then the computer works if the 4600 is installed with no screw, but doesnt work if their is a screw attaching the video card to the case ?

If thats the problem then maybe the video card is highly conductive and shorting out the mobo on the case...very strange. I thought the 1 short, 1 long beep meant that a fan wasnt properly working for the cpu though.

BTW: Ive never even heard of this problem before

OP
Wicked Klown

Wicked Klown

Yea it seems very weird even the gy at the local computer shop was confused. So far tho with how I have it it's working very well.

Taylor

I'm very interested to hear how it goes for you with this kt400, I think I'm going with that for my next board. I've been happy with the Dragon+, I think Soyo is really stepping up to the plate. Now that you've ahd it running for a couple days, any thoughts?

nobitacu

Registered
Don't even think about getting this POS board, So many people have nothing but problems with this POS. What a waste of my hard earned money.

But hey, if you like to get problems to try to solve them, by all means, get this board then. =P

OP
Wicked Klown

Wicked Klown

With what you see in my sig I've had no probs running at 160FSB but when gaming I run at 158SFB. As soon as I unlock it I'm goin to go for 166FSB or higher. So far I love this board after I got the Dragon+ I figured I couldn't go wrong with another Dragon.

Taylor

Cool! Yes I built an Iwill ka266 for my dad, he loves it and it is very good, not oc'd tho, but very easy to work with.

Then I tried a Dragon for my wife, toss up, the dragon my first ddr board, had some dogging issues but that was winders not the board, got that worked out. seems to oc well but I'm limited by the noise I can stand from a fan.

Built a Dragon+ for my bro, actually I'm painting the case soon as I have time plan a big post in alt. modding. But that plus board rocks too, as afar as just how sa-weet it's been to make it all work. Again I haven't really oc'd it, probably won't as these boxes are for other folks. But now that I've learned a thing or two, and some new hardware is available, and I've earned it, I'm getting ready for a little "me time". The KT400 is probably going to be it, especially having so many voltage options. Or well many not so many, but hey dimm voltage is a hell of a feature, even if you only have what, 4 choices?

nobitacu, I'm sorry you've had so much trouble. My mind is not firmly made up, and I'd appreciate it if you care to share about specific problems with the board...it's why I've been asking these newbie questions!