• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

problem with unlocked 1900...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

scoobysnax83

Hi Everyone, great forum you have here :D

Anyway, I need a little help with my recently unlocked Athlon XP 1900. I'm running the Mobo in the sig and am having problems with the multiplier. The 1900 is supposed to be locked at 12.0x and now that I have "unlocked it" It seems to be relocked at 11.0x. Whats up with that. I originally used the superglue/tape/and defroster grid repair method which is giving me the 11.0x multiplier. If I change it the system won't post. SO I then tried the "wire trick" That didn't work so I then redid the jumpers on the top to see if I had messed it up (same) so I tried them in conjunction. No change. Each time I take the mod off it reverts back to the 12.0x multiplier. I'm surprised that I haven't fried the chip yet, but everything seems fine with it. Anyway, any help would be greatly appreciated. I'd like to put this PC3200 mem to use :)

Thanks a lot...

-Dave

Edit: OK, since it is not showing my Mobo, it is a Abit NF7-S with 512 MB of PC3200. :)

c627627

c(n*199780) Senior Member
There are three 1900+ cores. The Thoroughbred A and B 1900+ are rarely seen so I assume you have a locked Palomino.

Wire tricks do not work with locked Palominos, you need to use the Palomino unlock method, which may not be worth it as you won't be able to get much of an overclock with it. I hear they are not good with high FSB speeds either.

You may only get a 200 MHz overclock out of that Palomino (if that) while, on the cheap, $62 2100+ B will go all the way to 2.3 GHz.

OP
S

scoobysnax83

So, how would I check to see what core I have.

And thanks for the help, BTW :)

Edit: This is whats on the procs.

AX1900DMT3C
AG0GA 0152TPAW
Y7457830243
1999 AMD

Then I believe this is a tag put on by the vendor, but it says

XP 1900-1
(barcode)

Thanks... Also, I have it o/c about 150MHz with an 11.0x multiplier right now. Which is sort of fine. But i want to confirm what core I'm running.

Last edited:

PiMpShiN

just for reference that on the 2100+ the thoroughbred core is 20% larger than the palomino. and the best stepping is AIUHB DUT3C. just wanted to put that out there.