• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

problem with video card?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

R3v3lation

Registered
I'm having a problem... I recently upgraded my motherboard to a SY-KT400 dragon and ever since I did that an reformatted my hard drive whenever I play a 3D game(games like civ3 seem to be fine) after a couple minutes of playing it completely locks up and I have to restart.

If I set the video options low, like 800x600 and low quality textures it seems to last longer before freezing.

I have a radeon8500, SY-KT400 Dragon mobo, 1.4ghz tbird and 512megs of 2100DDR ram...

The cpu temps seem to be fine(always less than 45C or so)... If I wait about a minute after it locks up it goes back into windows in 640x480 saying that windows recovered from a device failure. Is this the video card overheating? a problem with the motherboard?

Do you think reformatting could help or is it a hardware problem?

any help would be appreciated!

Bull

Did you install the via 4 in 1 drivers? I know on the via 333 you have to have the agp drivers installed or your video won't work properly.