• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Problems booting with raid

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Eroc

I just recently set up a raid0 and I ghosted my drive into it and it sees the drives but starts to boot to windows and then reboots.

It will not go into windows...wtf...

any help is apreciated!

thnx!

Sonny

Senior TIFOSI
That's because Norton Ghost doesnt support RAID ATM AFAIK. Try reinstalling the OS onto the array & make sure to press F6 to install the drivers during setup, you will need a floppy with the OEMSETUP & drivers on it.

OP
Eroc

Eroc

Thnx sonny: The ghost worked. You need to use partition to partition to make it work.

I installed windows onto my C drive then ghosted it to my D. Then I took my original Windows drive and ghosted it [partition to partition] to my C drive partition of my RAID array. It worked.

I had to unplug my original Windows drive to make sure it would boot correctly...required me to re-ghost my old drive because I forgot to do so first. Then it was all good.

Norton seems to have problems ghosting "disk-to-disk" onto a raid array.